Monday, January 23, 2012

My thoughts before reading Frankenstein

Our English 11 class is about to start reading the novel Frankenstein.

You would think the author of this story would be a man, but oddly enough a woman of only 19 wrote this classic horror novel.  During a time where men were dominant in literature this young woman wrote about monsters and creating life through science. Most woman authors at that time wrote about families and female protagonists .

Yes man can create life, in a sense, through modern sciences like cloning and genetics. But in my opinion they are not creating real life through that because man cannot create a soul only the body it resides in.  Man really has no right to create life anyway, only God does, though that is my religious view.

I believe that I am ready to read this novel and our class will enjoy it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment